In this half-hour episode of Look of the Week, Bay Area film critic, trade journal editor and film studies teacher Sara Vizcarrondo talks with Brian Darr, who joins Sara in the studio to discuss Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s Palme d’Or-winning film Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall Past His Lives while another guest tries to recall Mars Needs Moms; filmmaker Jarrod Whaley discusses his domestic drama The Glass Slipper, currently premiering at Cinequest Film Festival, and Sara riff-previews the week’s limited releases.
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul (marginalrevolution.com)
- ‘Uncle Boonmee’: A Quiet Journey Through Past Lives (npr.org)
- Film: Movie Review: Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (avclub.com)
- Look of the Week: Episode 1 (popdose.com)
- Movie Review | ‘Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives’: A Farewell to This Life, and All Its Ghosts (movies.nytimes.com)