Popdose Roundtable: Michele Bachmann’s Mesmerizing Newsweek Cover
Jeff Giles: Think someone in the Bachmann campaign is losing their job over this? Or is it an intentionally nutty “any press is good press” move?
Chris Holmes: It reminds me of a certain Steve Carell photo.
Jeff: I wasn’t even thinking of that, but it’s perfect.
Dan Wiencek: “Tyranny and Pain” about sums it up.
Dw. Dunphy: You know, it’s an upside-down world. What most people perceive as “bad PR,” her camp probably views as “the Holy Spirit.”
Kelly Stitzel: If this cover had a soundtrack, it’d be “Crazy Eyes,” a reworked version of Eric Carmen’s “Hungry Eyes.”
Dave Lifton: We can get Krazee-Eyes Killah to do it.
Ted Asregadoo: Newsweek loves her and Palin and Jesus. Don’t you watch Bill Maher?
Jason Hare: I cannot stop looking at this cover!
Jeff: Same here. I kind of want to make a poster out of it.
Jason: You should put it over your son’s bed!
“Can’t sleep, Michele will eat me…”
Jeff: I just showed him the cover. He chuckled softly and said, “Sillyface.”
Chris: Hey, how’s this for a poster?
Jeff: YES! I think that’s how Jason looked the other day, after I surprised him with a half-dozen potential Mellowmas songs in his inbox.
Jason: The lines around my eyes were slightly more pronounced.
- Michele Bachmann’s Crazy Newsweek Eyes Have Already Spawned A Meme (thegloss.com)
- Newsweek’s Michele Bachmann Cover Stirs Controversy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Party Favors: Concerning Michele Bachmann’s Newsweek Cover (thegloss.com)
- ‘Enraged’ Newsweek Cover Goes Out Of Its Way To Make Michele Bachmann Look Insane (thenewspundit.com)
- Michele Bachmann Looks, Um, Surprised to Be on Newsweek Cover  (gawker.com)