- Ticket Stub: Elton John in Cleveland, November ’70
- Free Music: Built Like Alaska, “Antique Love”
- Caught on Tape: Pete Townshend and Who’s Text
- Popdose Presents: Songs of Freedom, Episode Three
- CD Review: The Bird and the Bee, “Interpreting the Masters Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates”
Welcome to the last Friday of the summer of 2011, a season that has felt fairly apocalyptic for large portions of the U.S., ranging from natural disasters to political insanities, to the ten-year anniversary last week of a particular event we will not venture further into here. And why?
Fall is coming. Football is here. Baseball will be winding down soon. The summer movies are slowly making their way to home video and the new television season is upon us like a bird in flight that ate too many berries. The air is getting cooler and the leaf colors will soon be getting warmer (at least for us Northerners). It’s time to kick it back and relax it up, so give heed to this mix which has no agenda whatsoever other than to increase volume and decrease woe.
Enjoy the deluxeness!