- KJ’s 12 Pop Culture (and some sports) Moments of 2012
- Jesus of Cool: Don’t Believe “Don’t Believe the Hype Machine”
- With “Creole Soul,” Etienne Charles Explores Outside the Conventions of Jazz
- concert, concert review tonight: stellastarr*/The Editors
- Way Out Wednesday: Johnny Whitaker, “Friends: Music from the Television Series ‘Sigmund and the Sea Monsters’”
Song for the Soundtrack of Your Date Tonight
Hold my hand and jump. Feathers, weightless, free. You and me. Let’s not care. Just get naked and take me there.
[Cocteau Twins, "Heaven or Las Vegas" Heaven or Las Vegas, 1990]
Song for the Soundtrack of Your No Date Tonight
Lonely. Look into your backyard. See the holes in your fence that need mending. A simple drive of a nail might keep it together, but will it stand up in a storm? The willingness to patch the missing planks has to come from both sides. Will you hold each other up? Or do you feel fenced in? Get in touch with those feelings. They’re nothing more than feelings. Stick a nail in it and be done, or, hey sugar, break on through to the other side. Could be a wild ride.
[Iron Horse, "Trailer Trash" Pickin' On Modest Mouse, 2007]