Irish singer-songwriter Glen Hansard, best known for his work with The Swell Season in the movie Once, is set to release his first ever solo record this summer. Rhythm and Repose will be released on June 19th on Anti-Records. A brief tour (dates below) will follow the release of the album.
Working on a solo record is far from the only project that has kept Hansard busy. The documentary The Swell Season has made the film festival rounds. In addition, he has two songs on the soundtrack for The Hunger Games and been busy promoting the release of Once, The Musical which opened on Broadway on March 18.
Hansard originally found his way to American ears and eyes with the movie The Commitments. He played the role of guitarist Outspan Foster. Next up for Hansard was the emotional rock band, The Frames. They last released an album in 2006.
According to the press release, here are all the musicians who helped on Rhythm and Repose:
- Brad Albetta (Martha Wainwright) on bass
- Ray Rizzo on drums, Nico Muhly and Rob Moose on strings (Bon Iver, Y Music)
- David Mansfield on slide guitar (Dylan’s Rolling Thunder Tour)
- Javier Mas (Leonard Cohen touring band) and half of Bruce Springsteen’s current horn section.
- Assisting on vocals are Cristin Milioti (Once, The Musical), Sam Amidon, Marketa Irglova and Aida Shahghasemi (Marketa Irglova touring band).
The album was recorded by Patrick Dillett and produced by Thomas Bartlett.
1. You Will Become
2. Maybe Not Tonight
3. Talking with The Wolves
4. High Hope
5. Bird of Sorrow
6. The Storm, It’s Coming
7. Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting
8. What Are We Gonna Do
11. Song of Good Hope
June 20 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
June 24 Telluride, CO Telluride Bluegrass Festival
June 26 Chicago, IL The Vic
June 29 New York, NY The Beacon